How to Prepare Shahi Santrey Ki Kulfi?
A true epicurean delight, a unique twist to the India frozen dessert called Kulfi and a perfect fit on the platter of those who look for satisfying their sweet tooth in a healthy way, here is a special something from Gastroutes….
Shahi Santrey Ki Kulfi (Fresh oranges filled with condensed milk flavoured with orange juice and frozen)
Make yourself fall in love with oranges..Here’s how!
- 4 oranges
- 1 tbsp of orange rind
- A pinch of salt’
- 2 liter milk
- ½ cup sugar
- Few mint leaves
How to Prepare it?
- Cut a slice from the top of the oranges, reserving the cut portion, to make a ¾ cup.
- Scoop out the insides of the oranges into a bowl, squeeze and remove the juice of the pulp, from the insides, strain and preserve the juice in refrigerator.
- Take juice in a pan, reduce the juice on the low heat along with the orange rind. Add the saffron strands.
- Place milk n a pan, bring it boil, keep the flame low and wait till the milk gets reduced to half. Stir continuously. Remove from heat.
- Add sugar and mix well
- Now add the reduced orange juice to the reduced milk.
- Fill the mixture into orange shells and freeze.
- To serve cut the orange into 4 quarters, garnish each section with mint leaves.
Also read: http://gastroutes.com/how-to-prepare-aam-ki-launji-and-mango-mint-pudding/