How To Prepare Aam Ki Launji and Mango Mint Pudding?
Come summer and the first thing to be on the must-eat list for every Indian is mango. All the mango lovers out there can give wings to their imagination and prepare a number of dishes from them. Discussed here are two picks!
Aam Ki Launji (Sweet and Sour Mango Chutney)
The best part of sweet and sour mango chutney is that you can make it in bulk and store it for several months. This is easy to cook and used normally in summer as it helps combat heat.
What you need?
- Raw mangoes-5-6 cups of raw mangoes cut into wedges.
- One cup water
- 3 tbsp of oil
- Hing or Asafoetida-1/2 tbsp
- Saunf or Fennel seeds-2 tbsp
- Mustard seeds-2 tbsp
- Gur or Jaggery (crumbled)- about 2 cups
- 2 tbsps of red chili powder
- 2 tbsp of salt
- 1 cup water
How to Prepare?
- Put asafoetida, fennel seeds and mustard seeds in a heated oil.
- Fry for a few seconds and then add raw mangoes, salt and chili powder. Mix well.
- Add water and cover the lid.
- Cook till the mangoes are softened.
- Add jaggery and stir.
- Cover the lid and cook it for a minute.
Mango and Mint Kheer (pudding)
Just imagine the taste of rice cooked in saffron, milk and nuts and flavouring the entire pudding with the mango puree plus mint leaves! It tastes awesome. Giving a fruity taste to the lovable Indian pudding works well! Here is the recipe…
What Do You Need?
- Two and half cups of milk
- 1 cup of basmati rice
- 3 tbsp of powdered sugar
- A pinch of saffron
- 1 cup of mango puree
- 7-8 chopped almonds
- 15 raisins
- A bunch of mint leaves
- Almonds for garnishing
How To Make It?
- Put basmati rice, milk and sugar together.
- Add saffron and stir gently.
- When the mixture comes to a boil, add the puree of mango.
- Put chopped almonds, fresh mint leaves and raisins.
- Stir gently and cover it, keep it on a low flame till it turns thick and creamy.
- Add green cardamom and chopped almonds. Stir well.
- Keep it in fridge and serve when it gets chilled.